Monday 27 May 2013

Edible Worms


So I’m on a short holiday in the Niger-Delta region of Nigeria and so far, I have had a great time especially with various delicacies I have had to sample here.

I was greeted with Ukodo (yam and pepper soup) when I got in and just yesterday, on my way to a popular beach resort, I came across some kids selling an old and rare favorite of mine… Edible Worms.

I must have spent a fortune buying this highly nutritional delicacy. I bought roasted, boiled and live ones (for later). I sure had a blast with my worms last night as I made a worm burger with lettuce, tomatoes and a boiled egg.

Edible worms are rich in calcium and I am quite sure you would fall in love with it should you find the courage to try it out. The taste is simply fantastic!

Anytime you find yourself in the Niger Delta region of Nigeria, do remember to try some out. You will be glad you did.

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment