Tuesday 4 June 2013

Asun: Spicy Goat Meat


So over the weekend, I catered for the food at an event and one of the things on the menu was Asun (Spicy goat meat) and I will be sharing the recipe on how to make this great Yoruba delicacy.

I bought a whole live goat which I slaughtered myself. Although it is way cheaper getting a live goat, slaughtering the goat maybe huge task especially for the faint hearted. Thus buying goat tenderloins at your local market will do.

For this dish, the ingredients are:

Goat meat

Red pepper

Red Onions

Seasoning  

Oyster Sauce

Vegetable oil

Salt

For the final step of the Asun, use a coal grill (if available) to give the goat meat a traditional smoky taste.

1st step has to do with a lot of cutting so a very sharp knife comes highly recommended. Cut goat meat into tiny chunks leaving skin on. Next, put goat meat in a pot, add some water followed by some seasoning and slow cook on medium heat till meat is tender.

Dice the red pepper and chop the red onions.

Place a sauce pan on you pre-heated coal grill. Add 2-3 table spoonful of vegetable oil. Then add the chopped onions and diced red pepper. Stir fry and add the boiled goat meat. Stir fry and add some oyster sauce. Add some of the goat stock and stir till you get your appropriate consistency.

 

3 comments:

  1. What kind of seasoning did you use please? Knorr. cube, Maggi? Which please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Fluffycutething. Thanks for your comment. In order not to give any free ADs/publicity, I tend not to mention brand names of products I use on my blog :-) . Any good seasoning will do though. Just use the regular one you are used to.

      Best regards.

      Delete
  2. Wow, What a Excellent post. I really found this to much informatics. It is what i was searching for.I would like to suggest you that please keep sharing such type of info.Thanks how to make nishiki sushi rice

    ReplyDelete